Monday, May 7, 2012

Holy Buckets

So when you think it can’t get any worse, it does. I should know better after the past two and a half years. I sit here typing and I barely have the energy to spit something out. It’s crazy how much a flair can suck all of the energy out of the body. I’ve taken naps the past five days and still sleep my normal amount at night. I’m sure the cold I have also plays a role in the exhaustion.

Being I started a new treatment I wonder if this affects my flair. I have been told in the past that when the bugs are being killed off in the body it goes through a “flair” type cleanse. I was told that when I start the IV treatment this will happen, although this wasn’t shared with me when I started the oral antibiotics.

I keep spending a large amount of my income on supplements and healthy food and of course all my other health insurance and prescribed meds; so with all my effort and money spent I really don’t expect to feel worse. I have put my faith in the alternative medicine field and I expect it to work better than this. Don’t get me wrong some of it has, but I really want to see more of an outcome by now.  I will keep doing it of course and keep cutting out sugar (my thrush is gone!!!!!!). I need to remember that it has taken me a really long time to get this far and it will take a long time to get better. It’s just really hard to be patient when you feel like crap.

When I flair I of course have a large amount of pain and stiffness. It’s usually in my lower extremities. Typically I’m able to shake the stiffness by about , for the past 5 days I have not been able to shake it. My knees are stiff all day, it’s difficult for me to get up and sit down. My husband has to help me get my shoes and socks on, romantic right!! I’m nauseous, and weak and goofy from pain meds. The nausea doesn’t go away though, it does help with the weight loss! I limp all day long, and then answer questions all day long “did you hurt yourself?”

And an update from my last entry. The injection didn't work at all. It was pain free and no side effects, but didn't take care of the pain either. FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment