I swear the title of this post is the story of my life for the past 2.5 years. I have tried so many different medications, treatments, supplements and food changes I can't even remember them all. I'm lucky if I remember what I'm currently taking, and it's obvious I have troubles with even that! I really thought that I was going to be trying antibiotics to treat my JRA, we'll it turns out the lab work that tests to see if my markers would potentially benefit from it turns out to be ok. So that is out of the question. I'm really sick of not having something to control what is going on so yesterday at my appointment with Dr. J I decided to push the "I think the miscarriage really messed up my JRA" topic, again.
I have been trying to push this topic with all of my docs since 11/2010 when my flair started getting really bad. I always got, "well I guess it could be correlated, but let's try something else, we need to treat the arthritis." Ugh fine, I guess I can't prescribe meds so I'm stuck with you all controlling what I can and can't do. Until now. I told Dr. J about it again and I think he was running low with other ideas so he is going to try to treat the low progesterone to see if that helps my arthritis. Thank you! This is what I have been wanting without having to pay out of pocket $1000 plus dollars a month for fertility treatments. He suggested a regimen for how I will take the progesterone so hopefully I will actually ovulate for the first time in a little over 2.5 years soon! Maybe, just maybe it will control this raging flair as well. It would definitely be a plus if I could get knocked up as well, I could go for another 10 months of remission!
I have never been so excited to leave his office. Finally someone is trying to work with me and listen to me. After 29 years I really know my body and appreciate it when a doctor let's me control and take the lead with my treatments, with their expertise and guidanc of coursee. I was on cloud 9, I still am! I can't wait to see what this is going to do. I need something to turn around here so I can enjoy life and get back to doing the things I enjoy doing. On top of the progesterone I will be taking weekly B12 injections to help with my energy level and detoxification. As soon as the yeast is completely out of my body I can also start healing the intestinal lining with another supplement which in turn starts to heal the rest of my body by controlling the inflammation in the gut. I have said it before, if the gut isn't happy, nothing is happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment