Sometimes in life things can be pretty amazing. Like tonight for example. I went to book club and decided to order a diet root beer as I hadn't had a soda in what seems like forever and thought it sounded refreshing. Wow, was it ever! I could have brought this can home with me and kept it forever, it was so delicious. The first one was gone in less than 10 minutes, I had to order another. The liquid coming out of this can was like sweet caramelized gold. It makes me want to go buy the largest case of diet root beer at SAMS and sit up all night drinking one after the other. Another example of amazingness is Blue Bricks buffalo chicken pizza. Last night after my photography class I was starving and someone just happened to mention pizza during this class. My brain in literally 5 seconds was craving this pizza more than anything. I had to have one as soon as the class was done. I couldn't even concentrate anymore in the class because all I wanted was that damn pizza. I went home and took half of it down without even blinking. It was heaven and I can't wait to finish the rest of it for lunch tomorrow.
I have to say I have not had cravings like the above or have been so infatuated with food and drinks in a very long time. I was craving that pizza so bad last night you would have swore I was half way through a pregnancy and was going to rip someones head off if I couldn't have it. I guess that is just one of the joys of being on a very high prednisone taper. I was doing very well last week when I first started this and wasn't eating a lot and could control most everything, except the shakes. Damn was I hyper! Now in the past two days I seriously could eat a whole buffet and then go back for the dessert line. I was waiting for this to happen. When I start to flair really bad I become very nauseous and can't eat much so I loose weight, then I cave in to prednisone to get the JRA better and then things like this happen where all I want to do is eat eat eat. I'm really looking forward to later next week when I'm back to my maintenance dose and not trying to chew my arm off. I guess the combination of staying away from foods like the ones above and prednisone are not very good.
Well tomorrow is a follow up with Dr. J to see how the antibiotic treatment is doing. I really wish I could tell him but due to me slipping up on my prednisone AGAIN and having to do a high dose taper I really don't know! I just hope this pain free and movable moment lasts longer than a short moment.
Off to lala land to dream of pizza and diet root beer. Sweet dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment