Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Injection High

I sit here this morning, stiff and sore, waiting for to roll around. At that time (if the doc is on time) sitting on an exam table getting ready to get a lovely cortisone shot in my right knee. I have a love hate relationship with steroids. They can take care of inflammation like no ones business and really make a person with arthritis (and many other inflammatory diseases) feel better….TEMPORARILY. Did you all catch that, temporary. While it’s going to allow me not to walk like a stiff robot, it’s going to do many other things to my body. This afternoon I will have a wonderful metal taste in my mouth for the next week. For the next 3-5 nights I will not be able to sleep. I will have a bright red face for the next couple days, and have people ask me if I have been burned in a tanning bed (I wish!). I will sweat like a pig. I will feel like I have taken speed and be on a huge high until I crash, hopefully the high lasts until Sunday, I have one busy Saturday this weekend! Cortisone is also bad for the bones, it makes them more and more fragile every time I get injected. I could keep going on but I don’t feel like going to webmd.com to research it to much, it’s too early for research shenanigans.
Due to me having a hard time being negative I need to turn this around. The two new supplements I started last week have taken care of my tummy issues!! I will be walking in the Arthritis Walk on Saturday with my friends and family (please pray that the weather will cooperate!). I turn 29 tomorrow!!! I get to celebrate turning 29 with my friends and family on Saturday and I cannot wait!!! Hence why I need this injection!
Well I better rap this post up. I feel bad as my hubby is cleaning up cat piss on our brand new carpet….ugh. WTF cat!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's ok to rant a little bit. It's your birthday week you can rant as much as you want. I'm glad the supplements are making you feel better! I'm super excited for Saturday! See you then! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete