Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Drainage. Gross.

I can't believe fall is already here! It seems like summer was forever ago now that school is deep in the swing of things. I already miss the camping trips, summer days with Alex and visits to the pool. Oh how it will be a long winter if I keep thinking that way! I wonder how long it will take me to convince Jim that my body wants to live in a warmer climate?

Even though I loved summer I don't think my body totally did. Thankfully the herpes zoster that found it's home on my very private parts has disappeared. Honestly, when a doctor is looking at someone's peri area they should never use the word Herpes unless their is truly an STD. I have never wanted to punch Jim in the face so bad, that is until I came out of my daze and realized Herpes Zoster is Shingles. So that craziness doesn't happen again I will be getting vaccinated against Shingles in the next couple weeks. I'm also going to be getting vaccinated against pneumonia. Nothing makes me feel like an elderly person than getting vaccines that people typically get over the age of 65!

I also had the longest sinus infection of my life over the summer. Nothing like having drainage for over three months, I know, gross right! Tomorrow will be my last day of the fourth antibiotic. I have now learned that I hate doxycycline more than anything. The side effects are ridiculous. I don't recommend it!

So this whole time I have been dealing with drainage and nasty skin issues I have not been able to take my biologic medication, Cimzia. Being it helped I want nothing more than to be able to start it again. Being I can't take vaccines while taking Cimzia I have to wait to start it until a couple weeks after the vaccines. My patience has really been tested this summer! Being the Cimzia controls all of my body including my eye things were not so awesome. Thankfully my last check up the inflammation had finally settled down. The scary part is that if I continue to take the strong prednisone drops I am on I could need cataract surgery in my one good eye within the next year. Nothing creeps me out more than someone coming at me to dig around in my eye, especially when I only have one that is worth anything. It will be a year at the end of this month since this inflammation showed up. I'm pretty sure I see my ophthalmologist more than my friends, sad but true.

While my patience is being tested I'm working on my sons haunted house Halloween Party. I love Halloween and am so excited to be able to have people over and have a great time! I'm also in this pretty awesome gals wedding this weekend! I can't wait to celebrate two amazing people starting their lives together, I feel so blessed to be able to share in their special day. I also started my applications to grad school at the U of M and MSU, Mankato.

Happy Most Beautiful Time of Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment