Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Third time is a charm

I have to say things have been going better for me, well they were up until about a month ago. About 6 weeks after I started Cimzia which I have to say so far is my miracle drug! I was diagnosed with shingles. Well I guess people that get shingles are only supposed to get them one time, well lucky for me that was my third time.
Cimzia and Immuran, two drugs that I take are immune-suppressing medications. Which means my body doesn't fight very hard because these two drugs are trying to suppress the active arthritis. I'm more susceptible to catching things like a cold or shingles, I guess. Well being my shingles was misdiagnosed and I didn't get an accurate diagnosis until 5 days after it started things didn't go to well, I was shacked up in the hospital for a weekend to get IV antibiotics and to control the pain. The worst part about the whole thing, totally missed New Kids on The Block, ugh!!! That was going to be the epic weekend of the summer! At least I passed my time watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix, I highly recommend it! I'm happy to report that the shingles are pretty much gone and in two weeks I can get the vaccine and then go back to my Cimzia.
I have shared on this blog before how I have thought my JRA is flaring due to irregular hormones. Well just before the shingles episode I went to see my gyn to get some labs drawn. Note this was about 5 weeks after starting Cimzia. He said everything looks fine! Funny thing is that cycle I also ovulated, so I would hope they would look fine!
Now I just need to pray that I can stay on track with a healthy lifestyle as I have been falling off the track a lot more than I should lately. I made myself a wonderful smoothie for lunch today and the whole time I kept asking myself "why the hell don't I do this like I used to?!?!"I hate eating breakfast so I really need to get back on the smoothie kick as they say, it's the most important meal of the day!

A little side note: I went to urgent care the other day for a sinus infection and went to a completely different office to avoid the PA who misdiagnosed my shingles. Yeup you guessed it, she was my PA again. I really wanted to punch her, then I remembered that was illegal so I stopped myself.

Question for those that are into natural supplements...Do you take enzymes? Any kind, not just digestive. What do you take them for?

No comments:

Post a Comment