I believe I have been talking about my feet since I started this blog, well I’m not done yet. I was finally able to meet with a surgeon through Twin Cities Orthopedics. He was looking at the xrays I sent and seen some obvious problems. After a few big words were shared by him it came down to the possibility of my ankle bones not getting the blood supply they are supposed to and my feet need to be reconstructed. To make sure, he sent me on my way to get MRI’s done of both of the feet. I’m waiting to get a call back to see how they turned out. The bad news (besides needing surgery) is the surgeon that I want to see does not have any openings until January. I guess that is what happens when you want the best foot and ankle surgeon in MN to do your surgery.
So to throw a little twist into the above problem is that we are starting fertility treatments. The plan is to be pregnant by January, if things work out the way they are supposed to. I’m sure most people want to tell me “why don’t you just wait until after surgery to get pregnant.” Because my friends, I have been waiting to start these fertility treatments for two years and now that it is finally possible I will not push it out any further! Getting pregnant is a huge priority to me and my family and I will put off whatever I have to. So we’ll see what happens first between the two, I’m praying for the later!
Our first visit with the fertility CNP went ok. Jim got some news that his swimmers are not up to par so he enjoyed his last smoke right before the appointment. He was told he needed to quit and also cut back on his caffeine intake. She will not start any treatments until his sperm count comes up. So you know his butt will be chewed out by this gal if he doesn’t follow the recommendations! I have worked by butt off to make healthier choices, he can too. I also was told to loose some weight; even 10lbs can help regulate hormones I guess. Jim and I are now counting calories; well see who can loose it first! I will go in another week to get an ultrasound done to see if I’m ovulating, if not I will be put on something to help with ovulation. I don’t think I need an ultrasound to tell us that as I haven’t for just about two years but if she wants proof she can have it.
I’m excited that both of these are finally happening and hope that things can start falling in line for me health wise. I’m a little sick of feeling like I have been for the past 22 months so it’s time to move on to feeling better! In the meantime we will continue to enjoy what’s left of our summer and try to be as stress free as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment