Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chasing the tail

When I think about life lately my head just starts spinning. Trying to control an autoimmune disease is like a dog chasing its tail. I feel like I’m running after something that seems unattainable. On my journey I keep trying everything I can. So far the only thing that truly works to make life do-able is kenalog (steroid injections).  I’m waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel. Thankfully, the glimpses keep me going.

At this point I sit and wait for something that will help for more than 2-3 months and not cause more joint damage. I have recently started UltraInflamx that has helped with the pain better than other recent supplements. It is a powder that I add to my shakes, it's gross but it does help with the inflamation. I also tried BCQ but I broke out in a little skin rash/hives. Another thing that helps with inflamation is bromelin which you can find in fresh pineapple. I cut the the core into chunks and add it to my shakes as well, the core has the most concentration of the bromelin. I also ordered my vitamix and can not wait to get it!! It's time to start getting my veggie servings all in!

I have recently decided to start seeing a new rheumatologist (still in the process of finding one) and have referred myself to an orthopedic surgeon to see if I can fix these dang feet. Jim and I are also very excited to start the journey of fertility treatments this month. Maybe I can finally see if my theory of hormones being off affects my JRA. Keep us in your prayers, it’s almost three years of trying and we are beyond ready to add to our family!

Something to consider: Dr. J told me that he was able to help a toddler reverse her arthritis by focusing on the gut. Please, if you are a parent reading this and have a child with arthritis it is so much easier to control this disease at an early age. Don’t let your child live a life of pain and struggles. Or if you are newly diagnosed no matter what age please see someone that is holistic in their practice so they can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment