Tomorrow I should be going into surgery on my right foot to have many things done to it. If you follow my blog you know this is not happening. I'm still in shock that it just happened that I got into see a new rheumatologist who warned me against this surgery. After having two previous rheumatologist's tell me it's a fine idea, one who which referred me to the surgeon. It's fate that this just came about at the right time, hears a shout out to my guardian angel, thanks! Although I was really looking forward to a couple weeks off!
Tuesday I will be getting a second opinion if surgery is a good idea. I truly think it is as something needs to happen. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure a biologic is not able to fix skeletal deformities. On Tuesday I also find out if the seronegative spondyloarthropathies diagnosis is accurate. It is my plan to get a treatment plan in place to start getting back to where I was years ago. Which was feeling great and not relying on pain medications to get through the day.
The important thing I have learned over this past month is to be your best advocate. We are trained to trust medical professionals and that they are giving us the best advice, which I have done for years. Well if you are not getting better and your doctor tells you that there are no other treatment options; take my experience and know that there has to be more out there for you. It may take a couple opinions but don't give up on yourself. Everyone deserves the greatest quality of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment